Installing addon for JIRA

Ngoc Tuan Lam August 9, 2017

Recently i tried to install an add on for JIRA and get this error

The add-on you are trying to install is only available for Atlassian Cloud.

err.PNG

I install it by pasting the url atlassian-connect.json hosted by my computer and using ngrok

I can install it through my own JIRA site, however ,when i install it to my company JIRA site , it has that error. 

Edit : I think that because my company using JIRA Server which only accept addon built using Plugins2 with jar files... , and i'm using JIRA Cloud.

Is there anyway to convert the addon build for JIRA Cloud to install for JIRA Server

1 answer

2 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

Hello,

You can't convert an add-on meant for cloud into JIRA server. Because both provide different frameworks for development of add-ons. 

Cloud addons use "Atlassian connect" framework which is different from the framework Plugins2 used by the addons for JIRA server.

Best way to check an addons availability is to check on atlassian marketplace, if it's available for cloud and jira both or not.

ALso, install the plugin via the "manage addons" section using UPM which autoinstalls the plugins and thus makes it easy for the admins.

Suggest an answer