Installing Jira 6.1 on Amazon EC2

jghg02 June 17, 2013

Hi everyone.

I have a problem whit my instalation JIRA on Amazon EC2 - Ubutnu 13.04 64Bits.

I installed Jira with command /.atlassian-jira-X.Y.bin Before executed that command. I excuted chmod a+x atlassian-jira-X.Y.bin. and configure the ports.

Ok, then Jira is started and I can access Jira from a browse. http://localhost:port this is good.

But when I configure Database (Postgres) an error occurs and service is down. (I try the test connection successful).

Which is the command to completely uninstall JIRA?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jghg02 June 17, 2013

Thanks... I checked and the system show me timeouts (Database Config). When I clicked the next step.

I need to do to solve this?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013
The easiest way to troubleshoot this is to install the postgres command line client on the jira server and try connecting with it to the postgres server. That way you've removed jira from the equation. If that works - then it's an issue with your jira database config (in which case - check the logs). . If it doesn't work - then you have either a network or a postgres access issue.
0 votes
jghg02 June 17, 2013

Hi Daniel.

Yes I kwno and I did. The test connection is run well, the Error is caused when press next (screen Database Config) after a while of service is down. I try uninstall Jira and Begin again, but the service doesn't work.

I need more storage in my server? Any idea for this issue?

That command (uninstall -q) deleting completely Jira of my System?

Thanks for all.

0 votes
jghg02 June 17, 2013

Thanks..

Any idea why the service down?

Best Regards.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

What errors did you have etc? Check the logs? What instance of EC2 is this? Did you get timeouts due to low CPU / memory from EC2 instance allocation?

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

Suggest an answer