Installing JIRA on Tomcat 5.5 using debian 5.0

ari Guererro November 30, 2014

I tried to install JIRA specifically jira-enterprise-3.13.2, in one of my virtual machine just for testing, my team is planning to upgrade our existing JIRA, but before we proceed for the upgrade we want to make sure that everything will work fine. so I decided to install current version and when done I will try to upgrade into new version. I am still on the process of installing the current version but I run into problem I made sure to follow as much as possible this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Installing+JIRA+on+Tomcat+5.5#InstallingJIRAonTomcat5.5-8.Setmail.mime.decodeparameters. but when I try to run startup.sh it gives me the following output

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp

Using JRE_HOME:       /opt/JIRA/JIRA_HOME

and I am sure that JIRA is not running yet, when I tried to issue the command shutdown in /tomcat/bin it gives me this :

/usr/local/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh: line 297: /opt/JIRA/JIRA_HOME/bin/java/: No such file or directory, I dont know why there is "/bin/java" in this output, if I issue the command echo $JRE_HOME it gives me: /opt/JIRA/JIRA_HOME, which I believed is right because i did issue the command export in that .

I dont know what else I am missing,

below are the versions I used:

java version : java version "1.6.0_26"

tomcat version : 5.5

jira: 3.13.2

any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2014

Your environment is set up incorrectly.  $JRE_HOME should be set to where you have java installed.  Check the content of the setenv.sh file

Suggest an answer