Installing Confluence on the same server where Service desk and Software already installed

Askarbek Karasaev December 27, 2017

Hello!

I installed jira service desk and then added jira software. Both are working fine.

Then I installed using linux installer Confluence on port 8090.

In the very end it started as a service, but I don't see any confluence service running.

Also I didn't see anything mentioned in Confluence Setup section mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-confluence-on-linux-143556824.html

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

What do the Confluence logs say it is doing?

Thanks for giving the hint, Nic. Log was saying there's no sufficient memory. I was using cloud server with 2 Gb Ram, and the issue was solved when I upgraded the memory to 4Gb.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

That's good news.  Always remember that when you're running services on a computer, you need memory for them.  There's essays, or even sagas, on how Java's memory handling is crummy, but at least it does a "never use more than Xmx" thing.  So when you run several Java services, always make sure the total maximum memory allocated to them is less than the server memory, and don't forget to give the OS plenty of working space too. 

Thanks a lot for the advice, Nic. 

Suggest an answer