Installinf JIRA

nidhi sharma August 10, 2015

Hi team,

I am trying to install JIRA latest version 6.4.9 on my linux platform.
It is getting installed properly but when i am trying to browse through its URL,it is saying authentication XDB is required?

I am not suer which credentails ill work here and why it is asking the same?

P

Pfa screenshot

Please assist.

Thanks,
Nidhi

Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

If you don't want to change anything in your Oracle installation, you can just change the JIRA port from 8080 to something else, as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+JIRA%27s+TCP+Ports

Cheers!
Teilor

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2015

You've got the Oracle SQL gateway installed on the machine and it's asking you to log into that.

You'll need to run JIRA on a different port, or stop the Oracle utility.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for suggestion.

I have treid changing the port but it is showing now error as "Page not available"

Also i am not having access to database.

Please suggest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2015

That suggests Jira is not running. Read the log file to see why. No idea what you mean by "not having access to the database"

In the log file it is saying it as null pointer exception. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2015

That's a generic java error which tells us nothing beyond "something broke". You need to look at the log from start-up and work through it until you get a set of errors which will explain what is going on.

Suggest an answer