Installed purchased JIRA and it has installed evaluation JIRA agile but I have a license

Joanne April 9, 2015

I have purchased a JIRA Agile license as well as JIRA but when I look it is using an evaluation license - how do I change it over to my purchased license and register the server?  I can't see anything in my purchased add-on section yet I can see it in my licenses?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

For Cloud, check your maintenance account.

For server, go into the maintenance account and find your Agile licence, it should give you a large block of key text.  Go into your server addon list, find Agile, expand it, and paste the new key text over the existing one.

Joanne April 9, 2015

Thanks - I did not see the edit pencil type icon. So when I migrate from my temp server instance which is running evaluation versions of both JIRA and JIRA Agile to this prod server where I have just installed JIRA/JIRA Admin and set their purchased licenses - will I have to update the licenses again? It is the exact same version on temp (SQL Server temp db) and production servers (SQL Server prod db) so I am hoping on an xml backup and restore of db and copying of JIRA Home/Install and attachement directories I should be good on migration apart from a license update...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

Yes, the worst case should be just a licence update - you may need to regenerate it if the server-id changes, but that's only a 2 minute job. If you're restoring everything like-for-like, you may not even have to do that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2015

Atlassian support are very good, and there's no question they'll try to help if you raise a request with them (and you have a valid licence of course). Here at Answers, we're just end-users, like yourself. There's no SLA, no requirement to respond, and it's not a chaseable support place - we're all volunteers. But... we are from all over the world and active all the time (although it does tend to be very quiet at weekends). So, if you run into anything, Atlassian support will help, but it could well be worth asking here too because we may well jump in immediately. (For what it's worth, I'm in the middle of England...) One easy question - have you tested your migration? If you've gone through a test cycle, you will probably have teased out any major issues.

Joanne April 9, 2015

Thanks! Only finding my way about at the moment :-) Planning on doing that tomorrow in our test environment.

Suggest an answer