Installation server requirements

@Valiant February 28, 2013

Good day,

I purchased 5 licenses yesterday and am new to the process of installing .bit to MySql. MySql is currently hosted at host gator and they said i will need a VPS if I require root access. Is there a way to install Jira without root access and or is that recommended. If so, are there feature restrictions by installing it without root access?

I have walked through the guide a few times, have set up the mysql user nam and folder as recommended and now I need to install the download. It is at this point I called Host Gator and the rep informed me that I would need the VPN for root access.

Any recommendations? If you conclude the VPN is not necessary, what are the next steps I should take?

Kindest Regards,

Shane Chapin

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

Hi, it is best to have a VPS for Atlassian products. You will need full access. You will also need more control on resources. I wouldn't recommend installing this on shared hosting if this is what you are doing.

For each product, you need at least 1GB of RAM VPS to be safe. Shared Hosting really won't do it.

You will need low level access to a lot of components to make changes and debug issues down the track.

Suggest an answer