I'm planning to transfer a JIRA installation from one server to a different one, and at the same time to upgrade JIRA versions from 4.4.3 to 5.1.5.
I have successfully carried out the following steps:
1. Install JIRA 4.4.3 on brand new server.
2. On first run import current data from backup of old JIRA installation without supplying a license key.
3. Step-by-step upgrade of JIRA to current version.
Afterwards everything worked fine for about two weeks. Since this test upgrade went well I tried to
1. Uninstalled JIRA from new server.
2. Informed users not to do any modifications to the old JIRA installation.
3. Created backup of old JIRA installation.
4. Installed JIRA 4.4.3 on new server.
5. On first run import current data from backup of old JIRA installation without supplying a license key.
For the first few minutes everything worked fine as before. Then suddenly I got logged out and wasn't able to log back in.
I've retried the installation with different JIRA versions a few times with and without supplying an evaluation license but at the end of the data import I always get the message:
It seems that you have tried to setup JIRA when it is already setup.
And I'm never able to log in to the new JIRA instance.
Hope you can help,
I believe you might be running into your default evalution license running out of time. I would contact support to extend your evaluation license or use your permenent license or use a development license to get things going before you switch over to your permenent license.
As I said my initial successful tests were carried out without supplying any license when importing the backup.
After encountering aforementioned problems today and attempting a few re-installs without success, I finally requested my first JIRA evaluation key. I attempted a couple more new installs and supplied the eval key when importing from the old JIRA installations backup, but the error message at the end of the import remained the same and I was not able to log in to the new JIRA installation.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG