Install JIRA IIS 8

sgiacobbo July 23, 2015

I currently have a web server that I am attempting to install JIRA on.  I added the tomcat_iis_connector, created a site called jira.[mydomain].com, and followed the directions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=376210448

The only think in my site is the Virtual Directory jakarta (with of course the conf, and logs folder).  When I attempted to hit the site, I got a windows authentication box (to which I typed a user from the system), and then got this page:

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

1 answer

0 votes
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

useful to know the jira version you're trying to install. I realize that any questions about the OS/Web server choice would be in essence rhetorical, but still I have to ask if it'd be possible to use a non-toy operating system instead of Windows?

Mike_M_ July 5, 2017

LoL. Well much bigger and complex projects are running on "toy" Windows Server. At least WS doesn't die after a sudden power shut down.

Performance/compatibility/scalability for ASP.NET MVC is the best (i.e. big and complex ASP.NET MVC web app uses ~2-3% per request, startup takes few seconds ~ 20% of 1 Xeon, Tomcat ~ 80-100% for 3-4 minutes). 

But some kids thinks that bash make the OS professional... LOL

Suggest an answer