Install JIRA IIS 8

I currently have a web server that I am attempting to install JIRA on.  I added the tomcat_iis_connector, created a site called jira.[mydomain].com, and followed the directions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=376210448

The only think in my site is the Virtual Directory jakarta (with of course the conf, and logs folder).  When I attempted to hit the site, I got a windows authentication box (to which I typed a user from the system), and then got this page:

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

1 answer

useful to know the jira version you're trying to install. I realize that any questions about the OS/Web server choice would be in essence rhetorical, but still I have to ask if it'd be possible to use a non-toy operating system instead of Windows?

LoL. Well much bigger and complex projects are running on "toy" Windows Server. At least WS doesn't die after a sudden power shut down.

Performance/compatibility/scalability for ASP.NET MVC is the best (i.e. big and complex ASP.NET MVC web app uses ~2-3% per request, startup takes few seconds ~ 20% of 1 Xeon, Tomcat ~ 80-100% for 3-4 minutes). 

But some kids thinks that bash make the OS professional... LOL

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,317 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot