Insight Report on inbound reference object

Anders Norén January 20, 2017

Hello
We have just started setting up JIRA with Insight and I want to know if there is a way to list inbound reference objects in a report.

I will try to explain what I want to do:
In Insight we have these two objects

Object Network with two children
Child IPADRESS, attribute Name (ipadress), VLAN, location
child VLAN, attribute Name

Object SERVER, attribute Name, IPADRESS (reference above)

The setup is made this way becaus we do not want to manage two different object with the same information.
If we had given SERVER its own IP-adress attribute the we would have to give IPADRESS the attribute server and with every change/new object we have to fill in both SERVER & IPADRESS with the same data.

Now on the serverobject I can get a report with all my servers (their names and ip-adresses) but my problem is on the IPADRESS-object.

I would like to get a report based on the IPADRESS-object that gives me all ipadresses that has an inbound reference to a server. This way I can easily from an IP-adress perspective see what adresses that are available.
Is this possible to do?

thanks in advance
Anders

3 answers

1 vote
Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Link to server documentation

https://documentation.riada.io/display/INSSERV/IQL+-+Insight+Query+Language

inboundReferences(IQL)

inR(IQL) Filter objects having inbound references where the objects referencing to the object matches the IQL, e.g. object having inboundReferences() filters all objects having inbound references since the empty IQL will match all objects. If the query is changed to object having inboundReferences(Name="My Name") all objects that are referenced by an object with the name "My Name" are filtered.
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

inboundReferences(IQL)

Aleksandra Leesment November 8, 2023

Thank you for this tip! It still works with Assets and AQL.

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2019

@Mark John Hiemstra  Please check this one!

Mark John Hiemstra October 21, 2019

@Yinon Negev Please take a look. Thanks! 

0 votes
Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2017

Hi Anders, 

Take a look at the Insight Query Language to learn more about searching for inbound references, there is an example on that page which I think is interesting for you. If you still need support, just raise a ticket in our support system and we'll be happy to help you.

Best Regards
Tommy 

Micha February 13, 2018

Hi Tommy,

I can see I can use IQL to see only the objects that have inbound references. I can not see which ones though. I know I can click on them one by one. But what if I have a long list and I just want to see in the list view what the inbound reference is?

Schermafbeelding 2018-02-13 om 12.07.03.png

Suggest an answer