Insight: Import with IQL not importing values with spaces

Justin Knupp November 21, 2017

I have what I suspect is an Insight IQL question.

We are importing users into our Insight HR Schema and Users (object type) have a "reference" attribute to an Office (object type).  

We are importing users from our LDAP directory and have the import setup and working, with one (sort of) exception.

When the import runs, it is only importing the offices that are "single" word locations.  It's not importing anything with spaces in the name.

Example: 

Downtown as a location will import just fine.  However West Town will not import.  The field is blank.

Most of our offices are multi-word locations.  

Here's the IQL I'm using in the import/object Mapping: 

Label=${physicalDeliveryOfficeName}

Again, it works just fine with any location that is a single word.  Anything with two or more words and it doesn't work. I suspect the space in the name is causing the issue.

Is there something I'm missing in the IQL?

The Office object has only the basic attributes and the label (name field) values are imports from a CSV that is an export from our LDAP server.  So the names should be exact matches.

I'd looked through the IQL documentation and if there is some way to account for spaces in the values, I missed it.

Any help would be most appreciated and thanks in advance.

-Justin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017

Hi Justin, Based on your answer I assume you're using Insight 5.2 or 5.2.1?

This is a bug we have verified and it will be fixed and included in the next release.

You can see the process of the bug at https://jira.riada.se/browse/ICS-533

Best Regards
Alexander

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017

The version has just been released as of now :)

Best Regards
Alexander

Justin Knupp November 27, 2017

Hi Alexander,

Thanks so much for the reply.  Sorry for my last confirmation.

Yes, the update did the trick.  Works like a charm now.

I do have a follow up question regarding IQL.

Is there a way to structure the IQL to have the import recognize multiple values (comma separated) in a single field?

Example >>> We have multiple people who work in several locations.  So in our LDAP directory, that field comes across as: Location 1, Location 2, Location 3

Right now with the way I have things, the import is working like a charm with the two-word locations, but the multiple locations aren't imported at all.

I'm hoping there is a way to structure the IQL to have it take into account commas and multiple values separated by commas.

Thanks again for your help!  Let me know if my example doesn't make any sense.

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2017

Hi Justin, Yes you can import multiple object references. You can read more about it at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-manager-s-guide/import-and-synchronization/general-import-concepts where there's also a video demonstrating how to set up the IQL to match to either a single or multiple objects. The video is based on an CSV import, but the IQL is the same.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer