Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Insight: Extend predefined "select" attribute values by user while editing/adding object

New JIRA object schema admin here, please bare with me if the following is completely out of common sense:

In Insight, I want users to be able to, when editing/adding an object, choose an attribute value from predefined values AND (here comes the part that's not possible as far as I know) to add a new selectable value themselves if the desired value does not exist yet. The goal is that the user can do it while editing/adding an object without an admin having to add the value in the config beforehand.

I don't know if it's possible with the current JIRA at all but I guess it'd come handy if possible and maybe, if not possible yet but with enough support from the community, might make into a feature request that gets implemented :-)

Any ideas, comments?

1 answer

Hi, if the attribute is linked to another objectType then Insight will offer you to create new objects when there is no search match:

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 11.57.54.png

Thank you karel_mellen, will try doing it with this approach.

It's not ideal though - the feature as I described it above would be a very useful one imho.

@Herman Hesse if suitable, please accept my answer thank you :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you