Insight: Extend predefined "select" attribute values by user while editing/adding object

Herman Hesse June 10, 2022

New JIRA object schema admin here, please bare with me if the following is completely out of common sense:

In Insight, I want users to be able to, when editing/adding an object, choose an attribute value from predefined values AND (here comes the part that's not possible as far as I know) to add a new selectable value themselves if the desired value does not exist yet. The goal is that the user can do it while editing/adding an object without an admin having to add the value in the config beforehand.

I don't know if it's possible with the current JIRA at all but I guess it'd come handy if possible and maybe, if not possible yet but with enough support from the community, might make into a feature request that gets implemented :-)

Any ideas, comments?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
karel_mellen June 10, 2022

Hi, if the attribute is linked to another objectType then Insight will offer you to create new objects when there is no search match:

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 11.57.54.png

Herman Hesse June 17, 2022

Thank you karel_mellen, will try doing it with this approach.

It's not ideal though - the feature as I described it above would be a very useful one imho.

karel_mellen June 20, 2022

@Herman Hesse if suitable, please accept my answer thank you :-)

Suggest an answer