Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight Discovery Tool

I've been playing around with the Insight Discovery tool, but I feel like I am lacking some understanding.  I will create a discovery using an IP range, get the results, import them into Jira, but I feel like it is a bit redundant.  For example, I'll run the discovery for VLAN 222, import the results, and when I go to import, I have to setup the predefined structure and predefined configuration.  Basically, I just create a new object type named 'VLAN 222" and then import my objects there.  After the import, I go to my object schema's and see VLAN 222, with the pre-defined structure of Configuration, Network Assets, Asset details.  The next time I import, I go through the same process for VLAN 223, so then when I look at my object schema's, I see both VLAN 222 and VLAN 223, with the same predefined structures.  

What do your Insight imports look like?  Is there a better way to do this because I feel like I just keep repeating the same steps over and over and I don't feel like it looks very good.  Maybe someone can show me some screenshots, or give me some pointers.  

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you