Insight Discovery Tool

Kory Miller July 7, 2021

I've been playing around with the Insight Discovery tool, but I feel like I am lacking some understanding.  I will create a discovery using an IP range, get the results, import them into Jira, but I feel like it is a bit redundant.  For example, I'll run the discovery for VLAN 222, import the results, and when I go to import, I have to setup the predefined structure and predefined configuration.  Basically, I just create a new object type named 'VLAN 222" and then import my objects there.  After the import, I go to my object schema's and see VLAN 222, with the pre-defined structure of Configuration, Network Assets, Asset details.  The next time I import, I go through the same process for VLAN 223, so then when I look at my object schema's, I see both VLAN 222 and VLAN 223, with the same predefined structures.  

What do your Insight imports look like?  Is there a better way to do this because I feel like I just keep repeating the same steps over and over and I don't feel like it looks very good.  Maybe someone can show me some screenshots, or give me some pointers.  

0 answers

Suggest an answer