Insert issue references inside comments

Santiago Antelo July 20, 2016

Hello,

I can easily refer to users in my comments by using @username. But, is it possible to refer to an issue in a similar way, like for instance #task-x instead of using an external link?.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards.

Santiago.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

Yes, you don't even need any notation, just using the task key like ABC-123 in text will do it.

Santiago Antelo July 20, 2016

Thanks Nic,

I don't understand why we sometimes imagine difficult paths to bypass shortcuts.

Regards.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

I don't think it's illogical really - you've seen @mention work for users, and it makes a lot of sense to imagine that JIRA would support mentioning other issues, and it's a logical assumption that there would be a similar tag to use for those.  Not needing any tag is not the intuitive answer when you think about it like that - most people would assume a # or ~ prefix is needed.  (It's also historical - JIRA has scanned text for existing issues since version 3 - possibly 2 or 1, I can't remember that far back.  Mentions are a relatively new thing!)

Suggest an answer