Inquiry - Change Custom Field Type

Brandie Shepherd February 14, 2013

We have created a custom field called Specification Document. It is currently a Select List type. We would like to change it to a Multi Select however we are not able to determine where to do that. Can you please provide some guidance on where to make that change.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2013

I should specifiy, this is in regards to JIRA On Demand

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2013

Ah. Right.

You can't do it easily then. You'll need to do the manual approach - create new field, bulk edit data from old field into new, delete old field.

I have created a new field, however I have not been able to find any options to do a bulk edit.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2013

You may need to make sure you have the rights to use bulk-edit. That's under "global permissions" in the admin section.

If you have that right, then bulk-edit can be found if you go to a filter and look in the tools/cog menu

Brandie Shepherd February 19, 2013

I don't think I understand how to do the bulk edit.

I have confirmed that I have the permission.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2013

It's covered by https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues - bit of a long doc, so yell if you get stuck part way through.

Suggest an answer