Inline editing

Kathrine Lauritzen August 26, 2014

Is it possible to do inline editing from the issue overview? I am aware that inline editing is possible when you have opened a ticket.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

No, you can not inline edit from that screen. Your option is to press that cog on the right side, and you can press Edit there. From there, JIRA pops up the edit screen, allowing you to commit changes without leaving your filter or JQL. This is probably what you're looking for, although it isn't exactly Inline Editing.

0 votes
Kathrine Lauritzen August 27, 2014

Ok - thanks

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

Hey there,

if you mean the search results with "issue overview" then the answer is yes.
You can do inline editing from the opened issue and the search results.
But if you mean the issue summary in the project view than it's not possible.
Same goes for Agile Boards etc..

Hope this could help you.

Greets
Simon

Kathrine Lauritzen August 26, 2014

Hi Simon

Thanks for replying. Just to clarify I have pasted an image below. Is it possible in this view to edit for instance the summary or the due date (just examples)

Christine Diamond August 31, 2018

I don't see this. How can you do inline editing from the search results list view? That is exactly what I am looking for.

Suggest an answer