Inline editing (JIRA issue): how to avoid automatic saving?

Francois M. FASBENDER June 25, 2013

Hi gurus,

if you edit a field and you click outside of the box, then the changes are immediately saved (I didn’t press the validation button)

Is it possible to turn that off ? If you click from edit field into another place in the jira monitor it should automatically cancel (OR give a message that you will loose your changes ( ?)) but not automatically save. Is that possible ? (if not, then we need to be very carefull )

Thank you for your help...

François.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2013

Hi Francois,

I think it is not possible to give you a message. You can try keyboard shortcuts when editing and issue. I have tested this feature on every browser (IE, Chrome, FF) and it looks like using below steps will be valid when dealing with inline editing (on Windows):

(On Issue View screen)

1. Type "," on the keyboard to show field option
  2. Choose the field (start typing to get the match and enter to jump to the field)
  3. Make changes to the field
  4. Use:
    1. ESC key to cancel changes
    2. Shift + Enter combination to accept your change

FYI.

You need to know also that modifier keys differ depending on your combination of operating system and web browser. For example, when running Firefox on Mac OS X, you will need to press 'Ctrl' + 'S' to submit a form, while on Windows, you will need to press 'Alt' + 'S'.

I hope that will help and will be useful for you to deal with inline editing.

Best Regards,
Mirek

Suggest an answer