Inline edit of comments in JIRA 6

Steven Segers May 28, 2013

In jira 5 comments could be edited inline. In JIRA 6, a popup appears instead. This is not very practical as you can no longer consult the issue while editing the comment. Is there any way to disable the popup?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Dear Steven,

I did a quick check on this, but apparently the comment field can't be edited inline in JIRA 5. Basically when we try to edit a comment, a new comment edit screen will be loaded instead.

Since this is the case, can you please provide us with some sample screenshot for us to review the behavior?

Thanks.

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2013

I think there is a little confusion regarding this, I have to confirm what Ahmad states above. The only difference I have found, is that pre JIRA 6, the edit issue screen gets opened in a new window, where in JIRA 6 it appears in a popup over your issue.

Steven Segers May 28, 2013

I stand corrected. I tried in a JIRA 5 instance and the editing is indeed not inline. I also observed that when I ctr-click on the edit-icon I can still edit the comment in a sparate tab, so this is a non-issue.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2013

Hi Steven, according to the Update Notes, disabling inline editing is no longer allowed. When I ran some tests, I have noticed that for all fields I have tested, inline editing was allowed, with the comments field being the exception. At this moment I am uncertain if this is intentional, or perhaps a bug, I will egt back to you when I have got some more details on it.

Suggest an answer