Inline attachments in jira 5.1

I got a problem with "excamation mark" macro and attachments in Jira comments. I attach image.png to issue, write in comment "!image.png!" and... Get only text "!image.png!"... Wiki markup plugin is enabled, all modules - also. I got embedded image only via {html} macro, but this is does not what users want. Where i'm wrong?

5 answers

1 accepted

General configuration - Internet Explorer MIME Sniffing Security Hole Workaround Policy set to Insecure. Good luck!

Having the same issue. Reproducable on Jira 5.0.x and 6.0.2.

Found a workaround for time being - by using table formatting ("|") or list formatting ("*")

e.g. "|!image.png!|" or "* !image.png!"

Thank you.... It works !!

Check field layout configuration in admin page : secure/admin/ConfigureFieldLayout!default.jspa . Field "Description" have to have enabled wiki renderer. For me this works fine.

Enabled. Other macroses (html, loremipsum etc.) work's fine.

Was there any solution found for this issue. We are facing same issue with Jira 5.0.7.

JEMH now supports inlining of images supplied through HTML email, it can generate wiki markup for full size or thumbnail rendering withing issue description or comments, reducing the effort required to get reasonably formatted content into JIRA.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Mar 17, 2018 in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

608 views 6 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot