Initiative getting hidden when set to DONE

Kaushik Iyer May 25, 2021

Hi, Whenever I set my Initiative to DONE, it is getting hidden from my Board. I don't want it hidden. What do I need to do? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi @Kaushik Iyer,

If your board is a board from a company-managed project, it is very likely that your board filter is configured to exclude initiatives with status done.

You can check that from your Board settings > general and there you should see the board filter. Building on your description, that will probably contain JQL along these lines:

Project IN (...) AND Resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY Rank

or

Project IN (...) AND Status != Done ORDER BY Rank

If so, edit the filter so your initiatives with status done don't get filtered from the board.

Another possible explanation, still related to a board of company managed projects, is that the Done status for initiatives is not mapped to a column of your board. You can verify that possibility in board settings again, but in the columns page. Make sure the Done status is not under unmapped statuses on the right hand side of your screen. If it is, drag it to a column of your board.

If neither of those is causing your issue, you'll need to provide a bit more information:

• Is your board in a company managed or in a team managed project?
  • How exactly do you "set an initiative to done"
  • Share a screenshot of your board configuration
Kaushik Iyer May 25, 2021

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout I will give this a Go. I am speaking to our JIRA admin too to take a look and make the suggested changes so I can get the DONE entries back. 

0 votes
Alvin Chan _Ease Solutions_ May 25, 2021

Hi @Kaushik Iyer ,

Are you using a Kanban board for your Initiative? 

If so, you may want to check the Board setting for either the sub-filter or hiding completed issues: 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-filters/#-Kanban-only--Adding-a-sub-filter

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-filters/#-Kanban-only--Hiding-completed-issues

Hope one of the above helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events