Individual issue type to a specific set of fields and a specific screen?

George Sanchez December 7, 2015

Is it possible to take the various issue types and individually map them to it’s own set of fields and screens.  For example, I want to map Epic to it’s own set of fields and screen, and then take story issue type and map it to it’s own set of fields and screen.  Or would I have to build a custom issue type in order to achieve this?   This is what it looks like at the moment, but I can’t figure out how to get story to bring up it’s own set of fields and screen if EPIC is the default “create”.  When I go to create an issue and select EPIC, it behave as expected using it’s own fields and screen.  However, when I select Story from the drop down, it uses the same fields as EPIC.  Thoughts? Confusing? J

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2015

Yes.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-fields-and-screens-187859099.html  (it's not changed in JIRA 7, but the docs for 7 are simplified and don't explain it as well as this yet)

Suggest an answer