Indexing language and installed languages

Deleted user December 8, 2017

My trial JIRA showing English- Moderate Stemming as Indexing language, so wonder what this for ?

any requirement from database to match this ?

Secondly,  how can remove installed languages as we only deal with English; while I don't even know how to enable other languages and what can be seen , just the display change ? 

a bit confused about Internationalization section in system setting , perhaps I only understand Default language and Default user time zone. Please advise my initial installation, must be something I can adjust ?  

2 answers

0 votes
YJ Huang August 18, 2020

I found the indexing language is "Armenian", what will happen if I change it to "English (United States)"?

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

The indexing language is relevant for how Lucene stores words and special characters, which is the technology that powers text searches in JIRA.

Why would you need to prevent users from displaying the User Interface in the language they want? I don't think it would save a significant amount of resources, and it's a nice feature to have in place just in case you were visited by a foreigner guest.

Deleted user December 11, 2017

I see. Thank you @Ignacio Pulgar.

regarding database which may relate to indexing, if I run jira version 7.6 linked to SQL server 2012, but switch it to SQL server 2014, what should I be considering for internationalization ?  any points I need to know ? 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Nothing in particular, as you can always rebuild the index from scratch by selecting a full reindex, instead of the option to do it in tge background.

YJ Huang August 18, 2020

I found the indexing language is "Armenian", what will happen if I change it to "English (United States)"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events