Independent JIRA and GreenHopper licences

Lucas Saldanha July 2, 2012

My company has a 50 users JIRA's licence. One of our development teams are planning to adopt an Agile Development Tool to be used in theirs projects.

Since just this small team (almost 10 people) means to need this tool, I need to know if we can buy a GreenHoper's licence for 10 users, and link just the accounts of the developers of the "agile team".

In other words, my company will have a 50 users JIRA's licence AND a 10 users GreenHoper's licence.

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

It is not possible in one Jira instance. But it can be managed in two Jira instances. Continue to use the current Jira and install another one with a starter license of Jira+GreenHopper for $20. The two Jira can be connected with AppLinks and/or Remote Links.

Unfortunately, we can't be independent of the main JIRA instance. Some of our issues need to be seen from outside of our team.

Thanks for your help.

Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

It would not be independent with AppLink and Remote Issue Link. And there is one more feature to be considered https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+5.0+Beta+3+Release+Notes#JIRA50Beta3ReleaseNotes-remoteissuecopying

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2012

unfortunately, no. It is something that Atlassian should try to fix, but I understand that it may be a very hard thing to implement.

Huum, ok! Thanks for the aswer!

Suggest an answer