Increase the number of displaying pages in Issue Navigator

Greg Ananev December 15, 2014

Hi there,

I need to see all possible pages in JIRA Issue Navigator. For example, if filter returns 400 issues, there should be 20 pages displayed, not 5 (as there are by default) without "go to page" button.

Is there any way to do this or way to increase number of pages from 5 to 10 for exapmle?

Answers.jpg

Thanks ahead!

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Ananev December 16, 2014

Determinated: this is a hardcode, non-configurable.

Thanks everyone for help!

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014

1234.jpg

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Managing+your+User+Profile

Page Size – The number of issues displayed on each Issue Navigator page. This field is mandatory and the default value is 50

Ollie, thanks for your answer! But I need to change the number of pages in issue navigator, not the number of issues displaying per page.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2014

I'm afraid "number of pages in issue navigator" does not make sense to me - could you explain what you mean by that? My guess is that you are looking at the display where it says something like "page 3 of 7". If I am right about what you're talking about, then "need to change number of pages" is nonsense - in my example, the issue navigator is generating 7 pages because you need 7 pages to display the results. If your filter returns 130 issues, and your settings say "20 per page" (as set in Ollie's answer), then you have 7 pages because 130/7 is 6.5 pages, so you need 7 to display them. To change the number of pages, you change the filter or your settings of "issues per page" If I am wrong about what you're talking about (which is likely, I often get the wrong idea by comparing what a JIRA screen says with what a user says because the words are the same, but the user is using language differently), then you'll need to exlain what you mean by "number of pages in the issue navigator" in more detail. Screenshot may help?

Hi Nic, I'll try to explain my point of view clearly. Let's imagine that the filter returns 600 issues. There are 20 issues displayed on each Issue Navigator page, and this is OK. Total number of pages is 30. But by default Jira shows only 5 pages available to qiuсk access (see my screenshot). The remaining pages are available by clicking "go to .. page" button. So I need to increase the number of displayed pages (from 5 by default to 30). Hope it is clear now) And I think there is the parameter “jira.max.issue.history.dropdown.items” as Ollie has written before.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2014

Ah, I see, the issue is with the ranged band of page numbers (I have no idea if this area has an official name). My apologies - the screenshot in the question was so small on this screen, I didn't really see it. I have a feeling that although the display of 4 then ... is a variable, it's set in the source code, not as a property or UI setting

Suggest an answer