Incorrect search result for some texts

Hello,

 

I'm writing about search issue in JIRA 6.1.

 

When I'm starting to search for issue with examples criteria below,

1. issuetype = "ABC" AND text ~ "QC5F"

2. issuetype = "ABC" AND text ~ "Treethawat"

 

Regarding the first search, I got 3 issues as result.

But for the second search, I got 5 issues as result.

 

Those issues contained a string as "Treethawat/QC5F" or "Treethawat / QC5F" in a description or some fields.

I have no idea why the first query doesn't show 5 issues the same as the second query?

 

Thanks

2 answers

This might be due to the "word stemming" which is used by the JIRA search. See this for details - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Performing+Text+Searches#PerformingTextSearches-Wordstemming

 

Hi Boris,

 

Thanks for your quick response.

But if I search as follows:

  • issuetype = "ABC" AND text ~ "QCCF" : Result is correct
  • issuetype = "ABC" AND text ~ "ABCF" : Result is correct
  • issuetype = "ABC" AND text ~ "QC3F" : Result is incorrect
  • issuetype = "ABC" AND text ~ "AB4F" : Result is incorrect

There might be something wrong with digit rather than string while doing search.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Jan 08, 2019 in Jira

How to Jira for designers

I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...

1,304 views 5 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you