Incorrect remembered times

Scott W May 12, 2014

We've noticed this plugin randomly saving incorrect times. Could you please tell me whether this issue has been addressed in the latest version before we purchase the update.

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

Hello Scott,

Can you give us more information about the issue? Are you able to reproduce it?

Thanks,
Gebsun

Scott W May 27, 2014

Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

I was able to reproduce this today although I believe we do have other cases I can't recall exactly at this time.

Browse to an issue that has had a timer started. Click Stop Time. "Woah, 505Hours". Ok my fault I shouldn't have let that run for so long. So I cancel the log work dialog by clicking the Cancel link. The timer button now says 'Start Time' so I click that to start the timer again, then stop the timer. The log work dialog comes up again with the remembered time from the last (505 hours) work session, and not the current one.

I hope that helps.

P.S.

Our currently installed version is 1.0.3

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014
Thank you for the simple test case. We will check that.
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2014

Hi Scott,

I was not able to reproduce the issue so it is either gone or there is some other factor.

Can you please try the latest version 2.0.3 and let us know if it works fine?
You can start with 30 days evaluation license and don't have to pay.

WRT your problem with forgetting to stop time we will address that in the new version 2.1 in two ways:

• issue page will contain panel with actual timer information so it will be clearly visible if timer is started and what the time value is
  • user profile page will contain list of all active issue (with timer started) so it will be easy to find issue you forgot to stop timer for

Thanks,
Gebsun

Scott W May 28, 2014

Thanks Gebsun,

We'll do as you suggested and evaluate the new version.

Those enhancements sound terrific, can't wait.

Cheers, Scott.

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2014
Hi, Plugin version 2.1 has been released. It supports JIRA Agile and all workflows with JIRA default 'In Progress' status. Also the above mentioned new eatures are present. I hope you will like it. Regards, Gebsun
Scott W June 2, 2014

Yep, I grabbed it the other day. I quite like the new version. Having the two modes is a good idea. I can no longer reproduce the original bug either.

Good work bud!

Suggest an answer