Inconsistency with Drag and Drop Plug In

Brian K August 14, 2013

I'm administering a local version of JIRA 6.0.1 and Drag and Drop Attachments plugin 2.10. Users are all on Google Chrome 28.0.1500. Some can drag and drop from Windows Explorer fine, and for others the view issues screen will show a bold heading "Uploading Attachments" and nothing will happen. I've waiting overnight, tried it again, but nothing happens. I've tested on other browser but I can't find a consistency... some users can drag and drop from the desktop or explorer and others cannot. Any ideas??

2 answers

0 votes
M September 17, 2013

I think I've seen a similar problem. Does it work after refreshing the page i.e. pressing F5?

0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Hi Brian,

This problem may be related with HTML5 being enabled in the browser. Have you checked if you have HTML5 enabled? In case you do, have you already tried to disable it and then verify if the problem persists?

Also, please take a moment to check the topics from this page and verify if this helps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Browser+Troubleshooting+Guide

Cheers

Brian K September 4, 2013

Thanks Pietro - I checked with a user who cannot use the drag and drop plug in and we both are on chrome and NOT HTML5 enabled (via checking youutube.com/html5). I'm going through the items in your link and don't think they would be the issue because I reinstalled Chrome on both his and my computer at the same time so they should have the same settings.

Suggest an answer