Incompatible License Type Error

Steve Schmidt January 24, 2020

I recently renewed my licenses for the year and noticed that when I updated my development region that a few licenses did not take and say "Incompatible with Product License (wrong type)"

My UPM is up to date, I did have a little trouble updating it but I fixed my base url after a restore and that did it. I am still showing the same error even after the UPM update.

I have a starter Jira, plus service desk and I confirmed all my add ons are commercial license.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Steve Schmidt 

Your plugin licenses will need to match the highest tier license count of your application licenses. 

For example, if you have Jira Core 10 user licenses and Jira Service Desk 100 user license, all your plugin licenses need to be a 100 user count licenses. 

Steve Schmidt January 24, 2020

I think they all match.  We have the starter for Jira software with the service desk add on, all for 10 users.  Is there a way to explicitly tell how many users a license is for?  Also, I should mention that my production instance is fine, this is happening on my dev box with dev licenses.  It is a mirror of my prod instance though.  Also, I have two starter licenses because I know there is no dev license for starters.

Suggest an answer