Incompatibility with plugins ------------- We have a conflict with two plugins "Issue Alternative Assignee" and "Time to SLA" .

Wladimir January 5, 2015

Incompatibility with plugins

-------------

We have a conflict with two plugins  "Issue Alternative Assignee" and "Time to SLA" .

The step to reproduce the bug are:

1) Install jira 6.2
2) Install plugin  "Issue Alternative Assignee"
3) Install plugin "Time to SLA"
4) Reboot jira

Administration of Overdue fields in "Time to SLA" give a 404 error and in the log with the error "No unique bean of type [com.atlassian.jira.config.StatusManager] is defined". 

The workaround solution was disable the module "Edit Role configuration action" in "Issue Alternative Assignee" plugin and reboot jira.

5 answers

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2015

Hi Wladimir,  

Finally I found the root cause.

If plugins are using same class name for configuration, one plugin overrides the other and cause problems.

I raised a ticket to Atlassian about the topic. 

However, I will not wait for Atlassian's solution, I will soon release a new Time to SLA plugin version fixing this problem.

Regards

Tuncay Senturk

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2015

TTS v3.3.3 has a bug fix for this issue.

0 votes
Wladimir January 5, 2015

Above about is:

Is from the owners' plugin who say that.

0 votes
Wladimir January 5, 2015
tuncaysenturk commented on issue #30:
Incompatibility with other plugin

Hi,

Thanks for keeping me notified about the process.
I faced this problem from another customer before and I raised REL-6 issue to Atlassian. They requested me to ask it on Atlassian Answers site.
Then I did it https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/7111105/getting-nosuchbeandefinitionexception-no-unique-bean-of-type-com.atlassian.jira.config.statusmanager-exception
However, no answer yet. Then you raised this issue.

I am using JIRA API, and I am using it the right way. I really could not figure out the solution of this problem, and I need Atlassian developers' help on this issue.

They should say something about this.

Since I do not have permission, could you or your customer please add this comment to the ticket.

Best regards
Tuncay

0 votes
ernesto.krsulovic January 5, 2015

Hi,

Plugins are from different vendors, and both are compatible with version 6.2. As you can see on the support site for TTS other customers have reported similar problems.

https://bitbucket.org/tuncaysenturk/time-to-sla-plugin-for-jira/issue/30/incompatibility-with-other-plugin#comment-None

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2015

Suggest an answer