Incoming mail server error

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi

I am trying to set up incoming mail server, but getting this error. Can anyone shed any light on this pls?

I am using IMAP protocol with port as 143.

2013-12-05 17:19:37,906 http-bio-80-exec-17 ERROR aisss 1039x3894x1 1nejn7r 10.xx.x.1xx /secure/admin/VerifyPopServerConnection!add.jspa [plugins.mail.webwork.VerifyMailServer] Unable to connect to the server at xxxxx.xx.xx..xxx due to the following exception: com.sun.mail.iap.ProtocolException: No login methods supported!

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

IT pretty much means what it says. You've told Jira to try to login using a method that the mail server does not currently allow/support.

IMAP could be used as plain text or SSL with TLS and other such complexities. I'd start by asking your email admins what it does support to begin with.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Thanks Nic...

Suggest an answer