Incoming mail in JIra On Demand

Jon Are Storlokken July 3, 2013

Hi!

We've purchased an OnDemand license and intend to do a pilot before rolling it out.

My understanding is that you can reply to a notification email (address is jira@xyzco.atlassian.net)

and it will be included as a comment on the issue??

The POP server already looks like it's set up. I configured the Mail Handler to do what I want.

However, the emails are just disappearing... I'm not getting an error reply, but they are not turning up in Jira either...

What do I do?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Are Storlokken July 8, 2013

It appears the problem is around email aliases. My email is jon-are.lastname@company.com but I added the alias (I guess that's wthat it's called but I'm not an expert) jon.are.lastname@company.com because that's actually more correct and anyway easier for people to remember. However, It appears that JIRA doesn't recognize my emails because I use that email in my profile but JIRA sees my email as coming from the other one.

I added a default reporter and see that all my comments get added by the deafult reporter

0 votes
Stanislaw Piwowarczyk July 8, 2013

It appears the problem is around email aliases. My email is: jon-are.lastname@company.com. However, this is actually a misspelling and anyway people tend to get it wrong. So, I added jon.are.lastname@company.com and this is the one I use. However, it appears that this is causing the problem. However, I guess that JIRA would see my email as the first one. I added a defaulr reporter and all my emails now get added as comments by the default reporter.

0 votes
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2013

Hi Jon,

Replies will be included as long as the issue key is referenced on the email's subject.

Have you set up a default reporter on your Mail Handler? Does that reporter have create issue permissions on the project your mail handler is configured? If you don't have a default reporter, is the mail handler set to create users?

If you don't have either set up a default reporter or set to create users, only emails coming from email accounts registered to a JIRA user will create comments or create new issues. Keep in mind that the same project permissions that apply in JIRA will apply to those users when they send emails.

Hope this information helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Jon Are Storlokken July 7, 2013

Hi!

I tried with my Gmail and that works fine. However, it still doesn't work with my company email.

Suggest an answer