Incoming mail handler starting issues at a given status

Paul Sainsbury January 26, 2015

Hi,

We have a workflow that handles moving issues between our "1st line" and "2nd line" support teams, and an incoming mail handler that puts our client issues in the start of that workflow.

I need to add a new incoming mail hander that allows our staff to route something directly to the "2nd line" team.  This would involve either having the mail arrive directly in a specific status, or having the mail arrive, and then be automatically transitioned to the right point in the workflow.  (Or perhaps something else I don't know of)

Is it possible to do this with JIRA by default, or would I need to look into some plugins to enable this?

The only hack I could think of currently would be to have the 2nd mail handler create issues of a special issue type, and then have a custom listener on "Create" of issues of that type, and automatically fast track through the workflow to get it to the correct status.  But having to add a special Issue Type just to achieve this seems "wrong" and I was hoping there was a better way.

From

Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Karlis Vesters February 25, 2016

We  are also interested in this kind of functionality.

Suggest an answer