Incoming email to create a I management ticket .. How to, when to and what happens

hash April 28, 2017

Is there any way that if anybody emails from outlook to some address with all necessary information and attachments then it should create incident managent ticekt in JIRA??

please send me your inputs..it will be useful for me...

thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2017

Hash,  

You might look at JIRA Service Desk it does exactly what you are asking for.  You can configure the service desk to recieve emails from anyone (They do not need a JIRA user license) and it will create an issue in the service desk.

Brant

hash May 1, 2017

Hi could you explain me clearly .

My requirement is if i mail to service desk email id 

like this is the issue..and attaching te screen shots and images and writing the description

Bydoing this it should create a Ticket in the tool...

how can we do that and we are using Jira 6.3.1

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2017

Hash,

If you do not install the JIRA Service Desk application then you will need to use the KB article that Ann Worley provided above to do it with JIRA Core or JIRA Software.  

Thanks
Brant

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2017

JIRA can receive emails from licensed users to create issues or add comments and attachments to existing issues automatically.

Please see Creating issues and comments from email.

Suggest an answer