Incoming Mail Handler successfully created, TEST passed, no tickets created.

Steven Grossman June 22, 2017

I set up an external email account to catch emails that will become Jira stories.

1. POP Gmail server setup, TEST passed.

2. Email handler setup as simple as possible, mail coming in, added to Project as Story, existing user as reporter. TEST passed, it said 2 messages 

Test Run Results

Summary:

• 1 message read from the server.
  • 1 new issue created.
Found 1 unprocessed message(s) in the pop3s folder.
Creating issue with summary 'Yet again, trying to test...' and reporter 'steveng'
Deleting Message 'Yet again, trying to test...'

However, when I look at the GMAIL account, the emails are NOT deleted, and the JIRA tickets have NOT been created.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

I'd want to read the JIRA logs for more detail on what it's doing.  You may want to turn the logging detail up as well.

Steven Grossman June 22, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I am using the hosted service, I am not sure how to check those logs (if it's even possible).

2. When I switched to using the INTERNAL POP3 service, instead of GMAIL, I got it to work, however I would prefer to use the GMAIL

Purni June 21, 2023

Hello Steven,

were you able to successfully resolve the issue you mentioned earlier? I'm currently encountering a similar problem and would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights you can provide.

Thanks in advance!!

Suggest an answer