Including story points when importing into Jira OnDemand (CSV)

Jeremy Osborn May 16, 2012

When importing a CSV file into an OnDemand version of Jira, how do I include story points along with my issues? During the "field mapping" stage, there is no "Story Points" target field in the list.

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Robert September 1, 2015

Two things that you must have in order to show Story Points in the Import window:

• Custom Field
  • Please read this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/How+do+I+configure+the+Story+Points+field+to+be+displayed+in+my+Scrum+board

I can't see my Story Points field in the Issue Detail View
Custom fields in JIRA (story points is a custom field) can be configured with a context that restricts it's usage to certain projects and/or issue types. To check this, please go to Administration >> Custom Fields. Look out for the Available Context(s) column.
By default the Story Points field is only configured for Epic and Story issue types. So if you have a board with Story and Bug issue types, you won't be able to see the Story Points field for all bugs in that board.

Matt C. Wilson November 6, 2016

This got me 95% of the way there.  I also needed to make sure that the field was associated to both the Bug screen and the Issue screen for my project.  You can do that from the JIRA Administration >> Issues >> Custom Fields view mentioned above.  Find the Story Points field, and from the gear dropdown menu, choose Screens.  Set the field as Selected for the screens in your project.

0 votes
Antonio Garcia November 20, 2017

November 2017 and this feature is still not implemented...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2017

I don't know where you're looking, as Cloud has been able to import Story Points since it started.

Please, try again, you're missing something.

0 votes
Jeremy Osborn May 21, 2012

I ended up just importing story points through a comment body field and manually assigning them to each imported story. Brutal, but I couldn't find any other way as Story Points was not included in the list of available fields (for mapping purposes).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2012

Have you created Story points as a custom field?

Jeremy Osborn May 16, 2012

Yes, and the custom field is visible in our various screens.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question