Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Include parent attributes in filter containing subtasks

Good day,

I've built a Filter to list subtasks, containing the columns I'm interested in.

Now I would like to add two attributes form the parent issues in the result set, as columns.

How do I go about this? Any tutorials available?

Additional info: we do have ScriptRunner for Jira installed

2 answers

1 vote

Hi @Jacques B

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Great that you've added that you have Scriptrunner already installed because I believe there's no native way to do that.

However with Scriptrunner, you could add a Scripted Field for every parent field you'd like to view in the child tasks. And then, these scripted fields can also be selected as columns in the Filter view you've mentioned.

I'm no Scriptrunner expert to help you with the script, but this post could get you started - or someone else in the community contributes the script part?

Hope I helped a bit further,
Matthias.

Thank you, I shall give this a try.

Hi @Jacques B ,

Welcome to the community. 

As per my knowledge, you can show value of parent tickets in the child tickets, unless the value is copied to child ticket.

When you are filtering any issues in the issue navigator, you can view the fields of respective issues only (as columns of the filter).  If you want the parent tickets field values, you need to copy them to the child ticket also. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you