Include Epic Link on issue detail even, even if empty

Becca Foster August 3, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my issue detail view to always include the Epic Link field, even if there is no Epic currently linked.

At present, it includes the Epic Link Field on the issue detail view only if there is a linked Epic. This means when I go through my issues to link Epics, I have to first use 'Add Field', locate the Epic Link, add that, then locate the Epic I want to link to. About 50% of the time, an Epic is linked to a new issue on creation, but the rest of the time I need to add it later, so doing this one by one ends up as a lot of steps and is very time consuming.

I think there is a way to include this field on my issue detail view as default, but I've been unable to find it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Hello,

by default you can't show empty fields on issue detail view.

Create a Template (default) Epic Link and link it to the currently empty items.

/Br

Semi

Ah ok, thanks. 
What are the steps to create a Template (default) Epic Link and link it to the currently empty items?

Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

1. Create a New Epic Item in your Project:

Epic Name: Epic Template

Summary: Template for View Screen (for example)

2. After you created the new Epic you can assign this epic by Bulk Change to your Storys/Tasks.

Like Asia DevOps Team likes this

I understand now, thanks!

Suggest an answer