Inactive Workflow handled as active - cannot be removed

onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

I've got a VERY strange behavior here. One workflow, which is in fact inactive/not assigned to any workflow scheme, cannot be removed, because JIRA locks it as active. Any ideas, why this happens? See the screenshots for more details.

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2012

Thats weird. What if you assigned the workflow to a 'test' scheme and delete it again, would that help?

Thomas Campbell May 20, 2014

This worked for me as well oddly.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

have made that into an answer, you can accept it now.

0 votes
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Just to mention ... I would love to check Zulfadli's answer as the correct one ... but it's a comment and I can't do it :(

0 votes
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2012

OMG. That did the trick. Would be interesting to know how this problem began in the first place, but thanks Zulfadli!

0 votes
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2012

Try running an integrity check.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Database+Integrity+Checker

There could be some issue associations that weren't cleaned up correct. If that doesn't help give us a holler at support.atlassian.com so we can take a look at your logs and see what's going on.

onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2012

That's what I tried in the first place ... also a reindex. Didn't work. Don't know why or how, but Zulfadli's tip worked.

Suggest an answer