Inactive Workflow affecting queues?

Briana Montenegro October 27, 2017

Hey everyone, today I began working on a new workflow and it was inactive. Halfway through it we noticed some of our queues became unassigned, or they were not going to their assigned folder. I don't believe the inactive workflow would have affected it right? I am not really sure where to go from here on with this issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2017

Your instinct here is absolutely right.  An inactive workflow has no effect on anything other than the list of workflows.

We need to look elsewhere for this one - what exactly changed in your queues?  What does "queue becomes unassigned" mean?

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

When a workflow is inactive it has no projects associated to it, hence it has no issues associated to it.

So your queues couldn't have become unassigned because of editing an inactive workflow. 

Suggest an answer