Inability to create sprint on Company Managed Software Project - Scrum Board

Elena Papa July 26, 2024

I have been tasked to transfer some specific issue tickets to a Scrum board so the team can do them in Sprints.

I can create Sprints in a Team Managed Project but I can not transfer the board using a filter, so I switched to a Company Managed Project so I could transfer those tickets from a Service Project using a saved filter to my Software Project so I can have access to some specific tickets and also create sprints. 

Is that a feature that is possible? I am wondering why I am not allowed to create a sprint. I am project admin as well so I have the right permissions.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi @Elena Papa,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

What does your filter that the board uses look like? Is it only including the two projects in question or is it broader then that? In order to create sprints you need to have that permission in all projects that the filter is considering, so if the filter is too broad it could be that you do not have that permission on a project. 

Elena Papa July 26, 2024

I definitely don't think I have permission on the Service Project I am pulling the issues from, since I am 5 days new to the team so that is definitely it.

Thank you very much!

Elena Papa July 26, 2024

Ok so, that did not work. I am checking the permissions on the Project I am pulling the issues from with a filter and this is what it says. I am now an admin in that project but what does that mean?2024-07-26_15-58-07.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Okay, if the atlassian-addons-project-access is the only one that have Manage sprints then you would need to update the permission scheme to at least also include Administrators. This is the default settings:

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 1.24.12 PM.png

Like Elena Papa likes this
Elena Papa July 26, 2024

That worked!!! 

Thank you!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS