In the top header, where it says "Dashboards", "Projects, "Issues", etc. can I change the word "Issues" to something else?

Yasmin Omrani July 24, 2015

I want to change the literal word "Issues" to something else. Am I able to customize that top header bar?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2015

You tagged this question jira-cloud. You cannot change this label in JIRA Cloud as far as I know. However, you could write an Atlassian Connect addon to add in another button with a different name. But that may be more effort than it is worth.

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2015

JIRA stores the UI stuff in the template, you can go to WEB-INF\classes folder, try to hack this file:system-top-navigation-plugin.xml

Yasmin Omrani July 24, 2015

Hey! Thanks. So I was able to open that xml file in Notepad++ and I found where I can update the text. I'm doing this on my laptop where I installed JIRA. I stopped the JIRA service, edited the text, and saved. But when I try to save it gives me an error saying: "Save Failed, Please check whether if this file is oepned in another program". Do you know what's going on there?

Suggest an answer