• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • In the top header, where it says "Dashboards", "Projects, "Issues", etc. can I change the word "Issues" to something else?

In the top header, where it says "Dashboards", "Projects, "Issues", etc. can I change the word "Issues" to something else?

I want to change the literal word "Issues" to something else. Am I able to customize that top header bar?

Thank you!

2 answers

JIRA stores the UI stuff in the template, you can go to WEB-INF\classes folder, try to hack this file:system-top-navigation-plugin.xml

Hey! Thanks. So I was able to open that xml file in Notepad++ and I found where I can update the text. I'm doing this on my laptop where I installed JIRA. I stopped the JIRA service, edited the text, and saved. But when I try to save it gives me an error saying: "Save Failed, Please check whether if this file is oepned in another program". Do you know what's going on there?

0 vote

You tagged this question jira-cloud. You cannot change this label in JIRA Cloud as far as I know. However, you could write an Atlassian Connect addon to add in another button with a different name. But that may be more effort than it is worth.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

141 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you