In the new Jira Issue View, how do I configure which Custom Fields that should be shown?

Deleted user January 23, 2018

According to Jira's info page you should be able to change custom fields shown:

"To choose which custom fields appear in the new issue view, head to Project settings > Screens, expand the appropriate screen scheme, select the "View issue" screen to configure it. Field order isn't configurable in the new issue view just yet."

However, when I do alter the View Issue Screen scheme, making sure the custom field I want to appear, I can't seem to get my custom fields to appear, such as a multi-option custom field. It is not sorted at the bottom either so there isn't some kind of cap it might have reached.

I'm on Jira Cloud / Ondemand

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

Hi Roy,

does your field have a value? A field is only visible in the view screen, if it already has a value.

Hello Thomas,

Yes the field has a value. But for some reason, some other Custom fields that are empty (a string value field) are still shown in the New Jira Issue View.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

which screen(s) do you see, when you look here at your custom field:

https://<your-jira-url>/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa  ?

It has Global set on the custom field I'm using and it is available for Create Issue and view Issue as well.

Just to clarify, I can see it when I Create an issue or go into other views (such as when I enter the full screen view of an issue, just not the newly implemented Jira Issue View).

Thanks for taking the time to help me out = ) 

David Stoner May 25, 2018

Did you find a solution to this. I am having the same issue.

In all the Screens I have made the fields are correct. Just in the new Issue View they are wrong

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events