In the new Jira Issue View, how do I configure which Custom Fields that should be shown?

According to Jira's info page you should be able to change custom fields shown:

"To choose which custom fields appear in the new issue view, head to Project settings > Screens, expand the appropriate screen scheme, select the "View issue" screen to configure it. Field order isn't configurable in the new issue view just yet."

However, when I do alter the View Issue Screen scheme, making sure the custom field I want to appear, I can't seem to get my custom fields to appear, such as a multi-option custom field. It is not sorted at the bottom either so there isn't some kind of cap it might have reached.

I'm on Jira Cloud / Ondemand

1 answer

1 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jan 23, 2018

Hi Roy,

does your field have a value? A field is only visible in the view screen, if it already has a value.

Hello Thomas,

Yes the field has a value. But for some reason, some other Custom fields that are empty (a string value field) are still shown in the New Jira Issue View.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jan 23, 2018

which screen(s) do you see, when you look here at your custom field:

https://<your-jira-url>/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa  ?

It has Global set on the custom field I'm using and it is available for Create Issue and view Issue as well.

Just to clarify, I can see it when I Create an issue or go into other views (such as when I enter the full screen view of an issue, just not the newly implemented Jira Issue View).

Thanks for taking the time to help me out = ) 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,864 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot