In the new JIRA Agile, why is there no option to create a sprint?

Deleted user September 24, 2013

We just upgraded to the new JIRA Agile from Greenhopper. However, now the SCRUM Board I'm trying to create looks nothing like the older versions of Greenhopper/Agile view. I would like to be able to create Sprints in the Classic Planning Board view and I cannot figure out how to do that. I do NOT want to go back to creating a Version instead of a Sprint, I liked the way it worked with Greenhopper on JIRA 5.2.11 much better. Is there a way to get back to the view where I can simply create a Sprint. Is it that I don't have the right permissions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 24, 2013

I figured it out. I couldn't figure out how to create a Scrum board and was looking at a Version board instead. The JIRA Agile documentation does not outline where you go to create a Scrum board but we figured it out. In the drop down on the Agile Navigation you go to Manage Boards. From there you can create Scrum Board and now I can create sprints etc. The screenshots and steps in the JIRA Agile documentation are not outlining the exact way to do it in our version I guess. ANyway, thanks for trying to help Dora!

0 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Are you using the Classic mode or the Rapid Boards? You mention both the Classic Planning Board and a Scrum Board, so I'm not sure what exactly you're attempting to do...

A Scrum Board (in Rapid Boards) has three modes: Plan, Work and Report. You can create Sprints and add Issues to them in the Plan mode. In the Classic Boards, as far as I remember, you'd still need to use Versions (I wouldn't recommend using the Classic views though, they'll be decomissioned soon).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events