In the default screen, I only see two issue types

Deleted user December 6, 2021

We've recently made changes to Jira to allow for different issue types to be used so that our teams can more easily see what they spend their time doing, instead of everything just being a task.

I've configured the workflows and the issue types, the workflow schemes and the issue type schemes. We've started testing them today and everything seems to work fine, except that when an issue is created, it then cannot be changed from say a Task issue type to a Change issue type from within the default view. From there it can only be changed between a Task and a Request type. I can go to the Move option from the menu and change the issue type there - but this is way more steps for engineers to follow, so I want to make it easier. Is it possible to make it easy to switch the issue type from the drop-down menu? 

change here.pngchange here is harder.png

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

I think I might have answered this question, as usual, the second after posting it - I was thinking about the fact that Request / Task are visible to change between and I came to the conclusion that because they share the same workflow, they are a "simple" change, so can be done from within the ticket. However, for more complex changes, it requires going through the "move" menu. Is that right?

Andrew Wolpers December 6, 2021

You're right. Because they likely share the same scheme for workflows, Jira makes it easier to push them between the Request and Task issuetypes in this scenario. 

The move operation you mentioned in your original post is for issues that require a little more massaging (statuses, fields, etc.) in the move. 

Damn :) I was hoping to be wrong. Thanks for confirming.

Like Andrew Wolpers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events