In the JEP plug-in, can you define what reopen counter counts?

Shannon Davis July 9, 2015

For example, if you use a different status instead of re-opened.  We would only use re-opened if the defect fix or story had gone all the way to production and was re-opened, so that's rare.

I want to track when something goes from "In QA" to "Ready For Development".  My QA team wants to track the number of times a bug has to be sent back to development.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

Hi Shannon,

You can define and configure a "Counter" custom field in JEP for your specific status.

Sergii Delimarskyi October 27, 2020

Hello.

Does this plug in is able to work with dashboard reports like: 
Two Dimentional Filter Statistic. 
Pivot Table
Pie Chart

Or gime please advice how to get this calculated in report by certain person project or team.

What is the comfort way to get agregated calculated report?
I an good with JQL so lets asume we have a good filter of tasks which was reopened during period.

How to get calculation BY (member, team, project?)

Like Tuncay Senturk likes this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

Hi @Sergii Delimarskyi 

There is an issue on Atlassian adding such fields to two dimensional.

That's why there is JEP way of two dimensional JEP custom field gadget. It might not fit all your needs but you can check other JEP gadgets.

Also you can use "reopening-counter-field > 0" JQL in a filter and use this filter in pivot, pie, two dimensional and see the other relevant fields.

I hope it was helpful.

If you need further assistance, you can always raise a ticket here.

Like Sergii Delimarskyi likes this
Sergii Delimarskyi October 27, 2020

Thanks!

That was useful.
But once again
1) Will this JEP custom field will be able to provide a retrospective view for tasks that was reoppened erlyer (before this field was set)?
2) Is it possible to have sum count of things from  two dimensional JEP custom field gadget ?

Because i do see the dimentions but i dont see the claculation bellow. 

Did i miss something?

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2020

Yes, you can definitely see those tasks right after indexing Jira. The issues which are updated after creating this field will also reflect the accurate numbers.

For your latter question, we just raised an internal backlog item.

Thanks

Suggest an answer