In site admin- unable to use log in as a user

Paula Dycaico September 16, 2015

One of my team members can't log in and I was attempting to use the log in as user button in site admin/user management. the button worked once.  The second time it threw up an error message " an error occurred while trying to log in as X" and then the page appears to be allowing me to log with this pop up " you are now logged in as X" in but never alow the log in.  (the progress circle just cycles) Then the page is frozen and the only way to get away from that page is to use the browser back button.  

How can I help this person with re-setting the password?

5 answers

0 votes
Paula Dycaico October 6, 2015

How can I create a ticket?

teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

You can access https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/jst, log in with your MyAtlassian account (the same you use here on Answers) and fill the fields to create a new ticket.

0 votes
Jeremy Evans
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2015

That sounds very unusual and not the behaviour I would expect! Please raise a ticket with support and they will be able to help the user directly.

0 votes
Paula Dycaico September 17, 2015

I did use another browser, and it allowed me to log in as the user and select the option to change the password within the users screen, however the system does not recognize her old password, so I can't fix this for her.  The original problem I was trying to solve was that her password stopped working.  

The change password button only allows me to change my password, even though I m in the screen for the other user. It defaults to my email address.

0 votes
Jeremy Evans
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2015

Hi @Paula Dycaico

It sounds like what you have found might be a known bug with impersonation and IE that you can follow at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-280. Sorry about that!

In the mean time, using a different browser should let you impersonate that user again. Alternatively, you can change a users password directly without impersonating them. The 'change password' button should be next to the impersonate button. 

Thanks!

Jeremy

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

If you are using JIRA Cloud, I would recommend you to reach directly to our Support team, so they can help on adjust this user account.

You can create a ticket for the Support Team in the link below:

https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/jst

Cheers!
Teilor

Suggest an answer