In single automation/scheduler is it possible to send emails to two different time zone email id's.

Atlassian implementation
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2024

We have an automation /scheduler in which we are sending the list of issues to the Person who needs to approve those tickets. We want to know is it possible to send emails to persons who are in different time zones through same automation .

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

Hi @Atlassian implementation , I'm unsure what the time zone has to do with sending emails. Maybe you mean is that your automation Schedule runs is a certain hour in the day but is based upon the TZ of your configured Jira instance and you would like to have the automation schedule to reflect multiple TZs? If so, this is not possible. A scheduled rule will only run based upon a single TZ. You would want to create different rules based upon your TZs. The key in this scenario is figuring out the Conditions that would only notify the assignees based on their TZ. One solution would be to use groups and add users to them based on their TZ. Then the condition could check if assignee is memberof("group").

Suggest an answer